::NAV BAR::

home about about

Saturday 23 February 2013

The Dinner Series - Curried Eggs

OK so this is lunch but curried eggs are just so quick and easy to make, especially if you have boiled the eggs earlier. Making curried egg sandwiches for my family always fills me with memories of my Nan, maybe that is why I make them so often. This recipe is a little different but I hope you like it...

Curried Eggs Sandwiches
6 Eggs (firmly boiled)
1 Avocado
2 Sticks Celery (finely sliced)
2 Cups Shredded Lettuce
2 tbsp Fresh Parsley (chopped)
1/4 Cup Milk
1-2 tbsp Curry Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
* Bread for as many sandwiches you wish to make

- Peel eggs, add avocado and milk and mash together
- Add celery, parsley, curry powder, salt and pepper and mix
- Spread the egg mixture thick over a slice of bread (we use brown bread or rye)
- Cover mixture with the lettuce and second piece of bread
- Cut into shapes for the bubbas and in half for the adults.

mix it all together
little love hearts for my little frog
parent serve

frog getting stuck in

always inquisitive to whats inside

fresh fruit to share for dessert

she loves her fruit and this vintage barbecue plate


hands dripping with fruit juice


2 comments:

  1. Hi Elle, what a lovely little world you have! I found you through Luke; I am an old school friend of his from Bellingen and a fb friend (Rachael Orr is how he knows me). I saw you mention a meal and a blog and I went in search of it. I love the simplicity and love in your writing- it seems you are cherishing every moment of motherhood and looking absolutely stunnung whilst doing it! I look forward to reading your upcoming entries and trying your child-friendly recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hi Rachael! Yes I absolutely adore motherhood, it is a wonderful time in life. We hope to move back to Bellingen in the coming years, I could think of nothing more wonderful then living in that little town. So happy you like my blog, Luke features in it quite a bit as I am always on the other end of the camera... Much love. x x x

    ReplyDelete