::NAV BAR::

home about about

Sunday 24 February 2013

To Carry A Heart.


i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)

i fear no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

E. E. Cummings

This beautiful piece of poetry was read at our wedding, it had special meaning to Luke and I as I had the first line engraved in a ring I gave him during our first year of dating. Now I carry two hearts in my heart and they beat together like a beautiful melody.

4 comments:

  1. I love E.E Cummings, what a special piece of writing for you to recite to your children and their children and theirs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he has a wonderful way with words, I recite it to my Audrey and trace circles on her hand and it calms her.
      Little PS: You are so very talented, I adore your illustrations each week on the 52 project. x x x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful photo! Intimate, moving, raw, just perfect. Love the poem to! Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. This photo was taken by my hubby early one morning when we were trying to lower our little ones temps from her nasty teeth. Years ago I never would have let anyone see a photo of me without makeup and my hair a mess but since becoming a mother my perspective has changed. Now all I see is the beauty and love between us. x x

      Delete