::NAV BAR::

home about about

Thursday 25 April 2013

Today.

Today is April 25th, Anzac day. It is always on this day that I reflect and remember my Gran, Audrey's great grandmother, who she missed out on meeting by a matter of months. We had hoped to attend a dawn service in memory of her but the last few weeks have been extremely busy with little sleep and we have all been feeling a little under the weather. Instead we had a slow family day, Luke's cousin and her partner came over for lunch with news they are expecting! We exchanged stories of the first trimester and the first scan, I shared my memories of the months ahead and they left with a mountain of baby supplies under their arm. The afternoon was spent tending to the latest edition on our quest for sustainable living, the new garden bed with Autumn/Winter veggies.
A simple family day was just what we all needed and it gave me time to sit with my cup of tea and remember one of the strongest women I have ever had the pleasure to share my life with, my Gran.

Love, Elle.












9 comments:

  1. Oh bless. What did you plant love? We recently put in garlic, ginger, winter lettuce, spinach, bok choy, rocket, brocolli, mushies, spring onions + all the usual herbs an other vegies still hanging in there since summer. Marty just came in with two beautiful beetroots, yum! Now to see what else takes off...
    How are your chickens going? Ours are so fat now - we've had a few double yokers as a result , haha. Enjoy your garden x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double yokers??? WOW! Our chickens are great hun, they are such wonderful little creatures. I cant believe how fast they are growing and how they each have their own little personality..
      We planted more carrots and lettuce, some beetroot, ginger, onions, potatoes and more herbs. We moved our strawberries too as they seemed to have come to a halt.. We will put in a dwarf lemon and lime tree this week, I just hope they all take off given the season. x x x

      Delete
  2. I love the light in these pictures Elle :)
    Bella xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you consider enlarging your photos? I clicked on them and the quality is beautiful on full screen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Bella! Do you mean enlarging the pics when I publish them on the blog hun? I can definitely try, I am still a little rusty when it comes to blogging but I will look into it hun. x x x

      Delete
  4. Sorry I didn't realise you had replied! The pictures look lovely now! Nice and big :)
    I linked to your 19/52 post on Sea and Salt today :)
    Happy Mother's Day xx
    Bella xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Bella, I cant believe the difference it makes aesthetically! You are a genius!
      Off to your blog, I have been meaning to pop over for a little while to get some foodie inspiration x x

      Delete
  5. This little knit is just beautiful! Wishing you well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Imogen, this gorgeous little knit was actually an op shop find! It is one of our favourites.. x

      Delete