::NAV BAR::

home about about

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Memories Of Yesterday.

I think we all have a place, that special place that brings with it fond memories of days gone. One such place for me is David Jones in Wollongong. As a child my Nan would take us into town to David Jones to buy new shoes for the coming season. After having our growing feet fitted we would proudly carry our new shoes to the David Jones restaurant and enjoy the treat of lunch with our Nan.

A few weeks ago when our little frog needed some proper shoes to support her growing feet we headed into town as a family to have her fitted. I watched as she sat on the chair and let the shop assistant fit her small feet and show her different styles of sandals. She chose a silver leather pair (which I was silently thankful for, it was looking like the hot pink pair with butterflies for a while) and walked them up to the counter. After we paid I watched as she proudly carried the bag with her shoes to the restaurant just as I had all those years before (thankfully DJs let us leave the box behind). We sat at one of the tables by the window overlooking the Mall, shoppers passing us by, she watched intently as they popped in and out of shops below. We enjoyed our soup, our sandwiches, our treat of a vanilla milkshake and I couldn't help but feel nostalgic. Memories of my beautiful Nan and the time we spent together in this very same place.

Love, Elle








2 comments:

  1. Lovely post. Beautiful how we seem to remember all the seemly small events in life as we grow up and learn to treasure them for what they are...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it is definitely those small moments in life that can mean the most x x x

      Delete