::NAV BAR::

home about about

Sunday 14 July 2013

Making Friends With Jam.

I woke early, made my coffee and with the morning sun pouring in our kitchen window I started to bake. When our frog woke she popped her head into the kitchen and pulled her chair over to help. We sang as we prepared for our day and when finished I could see she was so proud of the food we had made together.
You may remember a few weeks ago I spoke about a lovely little friend Audrey had made at school, Giselle. Well it turns out they do like raspberry jam and today we all ventured down to the park for a picnic and some fun. At first the girls seemed slightly confused to see each other outside of school. We had some tears over a ball and a pirate ship (Audrey is still learning the concept of sharing) but within no time they were exploring the park together, singing and dancing in the rotunda and playing 'dead beetles'. It was a lovely morning with delicious food and wonderful company, I am sure there will be plenty more play dates for these two little girls.

Chai Spiced Almond & Strawberry Cookie recipe can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love how food and friendship come together. I enjoy reading your posts and how you bake with love.
    You inspire me to bake more. I can no longer use the I'm busy card anymore.
    Where did you get your jam recipe from? Also, can I grab the recipe for the delicious bread? It is bread? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. The playdate looked like a success, very precious photos. A crying audrey is still a completely gorgeous audrey! xx

    ReplyDelete