::NAV BAR::

home about about

Monday 12 August 2013

Pepita Seeds and Rose Tea


Our kitchen, although small, is one of my favourite rooms in our home. It is here, with great love, that I prepare nutritious meals and treats for my family. I relish in the tastes and the smells and find delight in watching my creations come to life and devoured with smiles.
When I received an email from a friend the other day with the recipe for Pumpkin and Pepita Bread I knew it would make the perfect afternoon treat for Frog and I. 

Pumpkin & Pepita Bread
1 carrot peeled and grated
1/2 butternut pumpkin
2 cups wholemeal self raising flour
1 tsp bicarb soda
1 tbsp mixed spice
2 eggs
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 milk
50g butter (we used coconut oil)
2-3 tbsp pepitas

Preheat oven to 180'C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper. cut pumpkin into large chunks and steam until soft. Place in bowl and mash with fork until smooth. Set 1 cup of mashed pumpkin aside to cool. Place flour, bicarb and mixed spice in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. In a separate bowl whisk eggs, maple syrup, milk and melted butter. Pour into flour, add pumpkin and carrot and stir to combine. Pour into lined tine, sprinkle with pepitas and bake for 60 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Stand for 10 minutes, remove from tin and set aside to cool. Cut into thick slices and serve as is or with spread of choice.
* we enjoyed our bread with lashings of butter and cinnamon and rose tea.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this does sound like a perfect treat for afternoon tea. How sweet are audrey's little bow & dress, she is so beautiful. The puffy sleeves and collar are a winning combination! Feeling wonderful & just starting to steer my mind toward the idea of birthing again. Yoga and lola's long naps are helping with this :)
    Wow - 2 months with no blog reading, I really do admire that, not sure if I could handle that.. think I'd crack! Although I have reduced the amount of blogs I visit, and have a rule not to be on the computer is Lola is present. Plus I no longer have a mobile phone! For now anyway, marty is wanting to get me one, in case I go into labour in some unfortunate situation!
    The winds picked back up, the little one is asleep, so best rest while I can.
    Would love to hear more about your time with the creatives. Sounds as though you got a lot out of it, wonderful to hear.
    Love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No mobile phone?? Now that is incredible! We have started turning our phones off a lot more and we also have a rule of no phone or computer when Audrey is around. No blog reading is tough but it is definitely helping me find my real voice and I have reduced my list of "must read" blogs for when I am back online. Would love to tell you all about The Creatives, it was a wonderful day. Much love, hope you are all well dear friend! x

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful recipe and such a perfect little lady to share it with. Such beautiful gentle moments x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was beautiful dear friend, I will make it for our picnic! x x x

      Delete