::NAV BAR::

home about about

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Changes.

Lately I have been thinking a lot about change, there is a quote on our wall at work that I often find myself staring at "If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow we aren't really living". Since becoming a parent many things about me have changed and I haven't always embraced them as I should. It has taken me a long time but I finally feel confident in my new skin and I have my daughter to thank for that, she has changed my life for the better...

So my waist is a little thicker but I find my exercise in walks to the park, swimming and playing outside not sitting in a stuffy gym. My blondest of blonde hair has slowly grown to its natural tone, I just don't have the time to sit in a salon for two hours every six to eight weeks. But my hair is healthier for it and my old curl is sneaking its way back in, which I love! I no longer possess the need to buy the latest and greatest as I find comfort in bringing new life to the unused, unwanted and second hand. I have rekindled my love of books and discovered a world of talented, like minded women who happily share their lives through words. I would take a night in with a glass of red and home made pizza over a night out although I am more appreciative when we are spoilt to the odd night out. I have stopped worrying what people think of me, each life is different and I am just spending mine in a way that makes me happy. I am less quick to judge and more open to alternate ways of living, in fact I embrace new ways to make our life more fulfilling....

While I am talking about change you may or may not have noticed a new feature on my little blog. To the right you can now see some of the blogs I like to visit, these are the worlds I spoke of earlier, they are full of wonderful and inspiring ways to live life and find joy in the simple.

Love, Elle


2 comments:

  1. Beatiful piece of writing - 'joy in the simple' - amen to that xx

    ps - love your new little feature, & honoured to be on the list! Love this writing, sharing, inspiring world we are a part of xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There truly is beauty in the unused and unloved things around us. I recently found an old barometer set in a miniature carved wooden ship wheel. It's absolutely gorgeous, but broken beyond reasonable financial repair. I don't mind though, it brings a little a certain nautical quality to my home as it sits proudly above the second hand table I thrifted last year.
    I'm so pleased you find beauty within yourself since becoming a mother, I'm sure it's worth it to have precious little ones and I'm looking happily forward to the day I join the mama club.
    Thank you for your mention of my little blog in your sidebar. It has brightened my day, I'm feeling seriously loved! :)
    Love Bella (Sea and Salt)

    ReplyDelete