::NAV BAR::

home about about

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Making Friends With Raspberry Jam.


Making friends at any age can be daunting, so when Audrey's teachers told us she had made a friend at school I was so happy for her. Then the tales of Giselle and Audrey's mischief came! With every end of day pick up a new cheeky tale of these two little girls... Having to be separated at sleep time because they were dancing and singing in the their cots, showing the younger children what they can and cant play with and where they can play, kissing and cuddling the boys, always asking for seconds at lunch and private meetings and giggling in corners. So what does a parent do with news like this? She invites the other cheeky monkey and her parents on a picnic! The way I see it these girls have found each other and formed a bond without prompting or intervention from adults. The only problem was I had no idea how to approach Giselle's Mum. I have never been an overly confident person and situations like this scare me, we don't really cross paths at drop off or pick up time so just leaving a note felt awkward. Today I had a list of things I needed to cook for the week ahead and realised I could make a little treat for Giselle and her parents with a sweet note to leave in her basket. Audrey and I had a blast making the jam, decorating the jar and sampling our sticky treat.

Now we wait, hopefully we hear from Giselle and her Mumma soon. Everyone likes raspberry jam don't they?

4 comments:

  1. This is just the sweetest (pardon the pun) gesture I may have ever seen! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the pun. Much love to all The Jamesons x x x

      Delete
  2. I totally agree. The sweetest!
    I've never had raspberry jam. I must try it.
    Yum x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will bring you some on the 26th lovely lady! And some sourdough to spread it on x x x x

      Delete